Sunday, October 27, 2013

One For the Money by Janet Evanovich

Actually read this book in June, but spent most of the summer camping without any  internet, so have to write my review now.

This is the first in the Stephanie Plum series.  My daughter enjoys these books, and recommended that I read some.

There are several strange, funny and endearing characters in this book.   Grandma Mazur is the one who cracks me up.  She's a little eccentric, just what I want to be when I get older.  Stephanie's mother, Helen, is always trying to set Stephanie up on dates.  Stephanie's life-long friend, Eddie, who is married to Stephanie's cousin, and just happens to be a cop, is called upon quite often for assistance.

In One For the Money, Stephanie is out of work, runs out of money, and can't find a job.  She "convinces" (or blackmails) her cousin Vinnie into hiring her as a bond hunter.  Her first case is to find and apprehend Joe Morelli, a former cop who is trying to avoid a Murder One trial.

She ends up finding out that being a bounty hunter isn't as easy as she had hoped.  There are a lot of funny happenings as Stephanie discovers what to do to become a better bounty hunter, and some danger.  She learns a lot from a scary and experienced bounty hunter named Ranger.

I enjoyed this book, and will probably read the rest of the series--I've already started the second!



This fulfills a requirement in the A to Z Challenge  for Author--E, and for Book Title--O

No comments:

Post a Comment