Thursday, April 18, 2019

Spider Woman's Daughter by Anne Hillerman--review

This is the first in the Leaphorn and Chee novels that is written by Anne Hillerman, daughter of Tony Hillerman, the original author of the series.  I was a little leery of someone taking over the writing of one of my favorite series, even if she was the daughter, but was happy with this book.  She focused more on the viewpoint of Bernie Chee, although both Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee are important parts of the book.


I enjoyed this quite a bit, both because it continued the original feel of the books, with the environment of the area being an important part of the background, and the personalities of the characters being formed by their beliefs and upbringing, as well as an interesting plot that kept my attention.
Looking forward to reading additional books in the series--which I've already purchased.

This is part of my Mt. TBR Reading Challenge, having bought this 06 Dec 2015.  It is also #26 in my Craving for Cozies Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment