Thursday, February 7, 2019

Murder at Feathers & Flair by Lee Strauss Review




This is the fourth mystery in the series, and I fear I have become addicted. I love that it is set in the 1920s in England (but so different from Agatha Christie's 1920s England) and while the heroine is rich enough to ignore many of the rules of the era, she is smart and experienced enough to get away with it. The books remind my of Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher's mysteries: same era, same youngish, rich, smart and fearless heroine, different countries.

In this book, Ginger Gold has opened her dress shop, and the fashionistas of high society are coming in.  During a special event, someone is murdered.  Scotland Yard Inspector Basil Reed is once more investigating, and of course, so is Ginger. Ginger is also asked by her sister-in-law, Felicity, to investigate the disappearance of her friend and fellow actor, Angus Green.

As I've come to expect in this series, it is well written, with interesting characters, and many different possible suspects.  It is a very enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to the next in the series!

This is part of my Craving for Cozies Challenge, number 10.







No comments:

Post a Comment