Saturday, March 16, 2013

In The Blood by Steve Robinson review

In The Blood was published in 2011, as an ebook.  

In The Blood is the story of a professional genealogist, Jefferson Tayte, who travels to Cornwall, England, on behalf a client.  His goal is to prove some family connections for his client in the U.S. and a family in Cornwall.

He becomes involved in a modern day murder, and in some historical intrigue.  A young Cornish woman from the past, her writing box, and her dark family secrets cause mayhem and death in the present, and Tayte is in the middle of it all.

I found this to be a well-written, interesting book.  The premise of a genealogist getting involved in mystery and murder drew me into reading this to begin with, but the writing and characters kept me reading.  I was impressed by the way the author presented the past and future being intertwined.  I'm looking forward to reading more about Jefferson Tayte.




This book is fulfilling a requirement in the 2013 A to Z challenge.  Title--I.
This is also part of the Mt. TBR Challenge

Read Mar 13-15, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment