Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Miss Melville Rides a Tiger by Evelyn E Smith--review

 I've recently read the other books in this series, and this one seems somehow different.  I didn't find it quite as good in some ways, although it was mostly well written, and had a decent if unbelievable plot.  But somehow it just didn't seem as good, or as interesting, or as amusing as the others.   It's still a good read, but to someone who has enjoyed the previous books, this left me not quite as content when I finished.



Miss Melville, a proper high society woman, who is also a skilled assassin, is the main character.  In this story she accidentally gets involved with the mob through one of her high society long time friends.  This causes her some distress and she takes steps to extricate herself.  

At times this seems to have dropped into farce as things happen, and the ending was...odd.  As far as I know, this is the last in the series.


This book is number 9 in both the 2021 Craving for Cozies Challenge, and my 2021 Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment