Monday, January 18, 2021

Twelve Deaths of Christmas by Marian Babson--review

 

A stand alone book by Marian Babson.  I've enjoyed every book I've read of hers. I find them easy to read, well written, and no gratuitous sex scenes or grisly details when people die--a nice cozy mystery.

Set in England, in Maude Daneson's rooming house, this book is a little different from her usual.  It is presented from three very different points of view.  First point of view is the narrator, who gives descriptions of the roomers, and shares some of the happenings in the rooming house.  Second point of view is from the murderer's viewpoint, where the crimes and motives are described from the murderer's view, and the last point of view is from the police perspective, where they are trying to solve the murders before more people are killed.

This is a little different than the usual Marian Babson stories, and not quite as an easy read as are many of her other books.  It was still well-written, and very interesting. 

I enjoyed the mystery, and found myself changing my mind several times as to who the murderer was.  


This was number 8 in my 2021 Reading Challenge and my 2021 Craving for Cozies challenge.

It satisfies the Beachcombers Challenge, Weapons. It is also #9 in the Around The Year in 52 Books challenge.

It is T in Alphabet Soup Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment