Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Reading challenge--Mount TBR

Last year, in spite of my best intentions not to, I signed up for several challenges--six, to be exact.  I completed them, and read a ton of books, so I would have thought my Mount TBR pile would have shrunk. 

Unfortunately, it has, instead, grown by at least 300 books. Part of it was because I had to find a few books to complete the challenges, and part was because when getting books to do so, I found new-to-me authors I really liked, and I ended up getting more books so I could read more of that author.  Another part was free and really cheap books on the kindle--if they were mysteries, I downloaded them, and, here again, I discovered more authors that I really liked.  Then there is Ebay.  I bought two (large) lots on Ebay because they contained books I hadn't yet read by an author I liked, they were going cheap, and I ended up reading some of the other books, and once again--more new authors.

So this year, I'm just going to join the 2015 Mount TBR Reading Challenge, and with any luck, I will make a dent in my huge pile (list) of books.

I'm going to attempt Mt. Ararat--read 48 books from your TBR piles.  That's less than one a week. I should be able to do that, and read at least another 2 books a week from new free/cheap kindle books I can't resist.  If I can restrict myself to downloading 3 or less books a week, I should be able to, if not lessen the pile, at least not make it taller.  That's my plan, anyway!

Thanks for hosting this challenge again this year, Bev!!

No comments:

Post a Comment