Monday, January 5, 2015

A Comedian Dies by Simon Brett review


First published in 1979, this is one of the early Charles Paris books.  I enjoyed this as much as the others in the series I've read, and looking forward to reading more.

In this story, a comedian is electrocuted when he grabs hold of a microphone that has been wired incorrectly.  While the  authorities think it is an accident, Charles believes it to be murder.  He wants to find out who could have murdered the comedian, Bill Peaky, and finds out that there is a long list of suspects, as Peaky was disliked by many people.

I enjoyed this book, even though Charles didn't come up with the name of the murderer without a lot of help, and it didn't seem to be as good as other books in the series I've read.  Charles seemed be trying to solve the mystery by guessing that someone is the murderer, then accusing them, and then finding out they had an alibi. 

I will be looking for more books by Simon Brett!  Simon Brett writes several different series, and I've read books in the Charles Paris series (I like quite a bit), the Mrs. Pargeter series (I love these books), and the Fethering series ( I thought it was okay, but will read another to see if it grows on me) and I've just started to read a Blotto and Twinks mystery (not far enough into it to decide if I like it or not).

This is part of my 2015 Mount TBR Reading Challenge.  Bought Dec 28, 2014, finished Jan 2, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment