Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bless her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James review

This is the first in the Southern Ladies Mysteries series.  I had previously started reading a different series by Miranda James, The Cat in the Stack mysteries, and enjoyed those books.  When I started reading this series I was delighted to see that some of the characters were already familiar to me from the other series.

Angel and Dickce Ducote are elderly sisters, and are cat-sitting Diesel for Charlie while he is out of town.  These southern ladies are surprised when Rosabelle Sultan, a sorority sister who they haven't seen for years, shows up at their door, claiming her family is trying to kill her and begging to stay with them for a few days. 

Before long, Rosabelle's entire family arrives, including her daughters, son and daughter-in-law, and grandchildren.  When someone is murdered in their home, the Ducote sisters try to help the police by telling the Deputy Sheriff, Kenesha, everything they find out.

I really enjoyed this book, looking forward to more in the series.

This is the 11th of 48 books I've read for my Mt. TBR reading challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment