Saturday, March 30, 2019

Birds of A Feather by Jacquelin Winspear--Review

I just recently read the first one in the Maisie Dobbs series, and couldn't wait to read the second.  I read this in one sitting, and really enjoyed it quite a bit, but it somehow felt not quite as good as the first.  But it was still good.

I enjoy that the lead character is a little different than most other private investigators, and I love the setting ( 1920s-1930s in England).  I also find the supporting characters to be well written, and they appear to be well rounded people.

In this story, a rich man comes to Maisie to find his adult daughter, who is missing.  He's not overly concerned, as she has run away from his home before, but he wants her found and returned home.  He's overbearing, and demands quick results.

During Maisie's investigation, she discovers information that concerns her, and she fears that the woman may be in danger, and is running for her life.

Good book, looking forward to starting the next one in the series.

This is #22 of my Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment