Thursday, March 7, 2019

Fixin' to Die by Tonya Kappas--Review

This is the first book in this series that I've read, and is the first in the series.  I've had this one for a while, but just never got around to reading it.  Probably because it involves a ghost.  I'm not really a big fan of this type of story, but that being said, while there are several of this type of book that I've read and enjoyed, they just don't call out to me as strongly as other books in my TBR piles.

On to the story.   Kenni Lowry is sheriff of Cottonwood, Kentucky, elected after the death of the former sheriff, her grandfather.  There has been very little crime since she's become sheriff, so she feels she is doing a pretty good job, until one of the local doctors is murdered, and on the same day, there is a major jewelry store robbery.

Knowing she is a little out of her depth, she asks for an investigator to be sent out to assist her. While under all this stress, she becomes aware of her grandfather's ghost, who wants to help with the murder of his longtime friend.  She also discovers that he has been helping her out all along, by scaring all the criminals out of town.  She is not sure if the ghost is real, or a figment of her imagination because of the stress.  She also becomes aware that the investigator sent to help is an attractive man, which her friends also become aware of, which just adds to the stress.

I found this book to be pretty well written, I liked the characters in the book, and there were a couple of interesting plot twists.  Will be reading more.

This book is part of my Alphabet Soup--Authors, Craving for Cozies, Alphabet Soup, and Mount TBR (bought 12 Mar 2018) Reading Challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment