Monday, March 18, 2019

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear--Review

This is the first in the Maisie Dobbs series of books, and the first that I've read.  I enjoy books that are set in the early 20th century, and this starts off in the late 1920s, in London, England.  The main character, Maisie, is opening a new private investigation office, and gets her first client.  She is a little different type of investigator.  She doesn't want to just solve the problem, she wants to make everyone involved to be in a good place after she is done.



During the investigation, there is a long flashback to her childhood, and how she obtained the training she needed for her profession.  The flashback helped the reader to understand her character quite a bit, as she is rather odd for the time, and different from other detectives I've read.

The story was interesting, and I enjoyed it enough to finish it in one sitting.  Already have the second one in the series, so will be reading it soon.

This is part of my Mount TBR (bought 13 Feb 2016) Reading Challenge, as well as # 20 in my Craving for Cozies and my Alphabet Soup--Authors Challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment