Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Copenhagen Connection by Elizabeth Peters review

This is a stand alone mystery by Elizabeth Peters, first published in 1982.  I believe the first book I read by Elizabeth Peters was probably Die for Love, a Jacqueline Kirby story.  I read another in this series, and then found the Vicky Bliss series, and read a couple of those.  I enjoyed both of these series quite a lot, but when I first read one of her stand alone mysteries (The Jackal's Head), I didn't really care for it, so stayed away from any of her other stand alones, and also stayed away from the Amelia Peabody series.

I eventually read an Amelia Peabody book, and enjoyed it, and read a couple of others in the series as I came across them, so I thought I should give the stand alone mysteries another chance.  I'm really glad I did.

Elizabeth Jones gets the chance to meet her hero, author Margaret Rosenberg, when she offers to help Margaret out when Margaret's secretary is injured while they are all waiting for their baggage after flying to Copenhagen.  Shortly thereafter, Margaret is kidnapped, and a ransom is demanded.

Elizabeth and Margaret's son, Christian, attempt to find Margaret, and get involved in a very unusual kidnapping.  They also manage to do a little sightseeing around Copenhagen, and the region around it, while following the clues.

I enjoyed this book quite a lot.  It was a light-hearted adventure, with a few twists and turns,a healthy dose of humor, and a little romance. 

This is part of my Mount TBR reading challenge.
It is also part of my 2014 Around the World Reading Challenge  Denmark (Europe).
It also is part of my 2014 Cruisin' Thru the Cozies challenge
It also qualifies for my 2014 Vintage Mystery BINGO challenge Silver--R (book with place in title)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that Peters had done any stand-alones. I like her Amelia Peabody series well enough--but I'm not sure that I'd try her single novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said in my review, I was glad that I gave her stand-alone books another chance. I've got a couple of others in my TBR pile. I hope they have the same touch of humor as this one had!

    ReplyDelete