Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Adventures of Ellery Queen by Ellery Queen review

First published in 1934, this collection of short stories features Ellery Queen.  While the stories are short, they all have interesting mysteries that Ellery manages to solve handily.

I enjoyed this collection of stories more than the Roman Hat Mystery.  Ellery seemed less annoying and arrogant in these, and even had a sense of humor of sorts.  He also seemed younger and more like a regular young man, interested in women and willing to have a little fun.

He still managed to solve the crimes he came across, and I found the stories interesting to read.   The stories are a bit dated, but given that they were written 80 years ago, that is to be expected.

I've got a couple more Ellery Queen stories on my kindle, so I will probably read them.  I find the plots interesting, and I'm hoping Ellery develops into a less annoying main character, like he has in these stories.

Part of the Vintage Mystery BINGO challenge--Golden--E--Short Story Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment