Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Lord Mayor of Death by Marian Babson

This is one of Marian Babson's stand alone mysteries, published in 1977.  I've read several books by Babson, and have enjoyed them all, and this was no exception.

In this story, the London police are called on by a woman to find her missing 5 year old daughter, Kitty.  During the investigation, they find out about a possible plot by an Irishman to bomb the Lord Mayor's Show, a parade to start the Lord Mayor's year in office, which had been going on for centuries.  The story switches from the police search for the man who took Kitty, and the possible terrorist, to the attempts of the mother, a policewoman, and a friend of the mother's to find the little girl, and the thoughts of the Lord Mayor, who is aware that he may be the target of a terrorist.

The story kept up the pace, and drew you in.  It was a little dated because of the Irish involvement and the lack of current technology, but still was an exciting read.

I don't believe I've ever been disappointed in any of the books I've read by Marian Babson. Looking forward to reading more by her.

This is part of my 2014 Vintage Mystery BINGO Challenge--Silver--I'm using this book as my free space for E--A Book you have to borrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment