Saturday, November 1, 2014

Charlie M by Brian Freemantle

Charlie M by Brian Freemantle, published in 1979, is about a spy who is not appreciated by his bosses.  They involve him in dangerous situations, hoping he doesn't come out alive, but Charlie M is an old hand at intrigue, and manages to come though.

I didn't care very much for this book, although it was well-written and the plot was interesting.  I think the main character just didn't do it for me, I found him a little unsympathetic overall, although clever and a survivor.

I have another book by Freemantle, which isn't part of the Charlie M. series, and I'm going to try reading that and see if I like it better than this one.

This is part of my Mt. TBR Reading Challenge--purchased June, 2012, finished July, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment