Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Widows Club by Dorothy Cannell review


 This is the second in the Ellie Haskell mystery series.  Ben and Ellie are married, and Ben is opening a restaurant.   During the Grand Opening of the restaurant, a man dies after eating one of the items that Ellie has prepared.

Ellie is devastated, and is afraid the death is her fault, and it will cause the restaurant--Ben's restaurant--to fail.  She tries to figure out what could have happened, and then meets two sisters, who are also private investigators.  They ask her to help them in an investigation involving a local group, the Widows Club, which will also help her answer questions she has about the Grand Opening death.

I enjoyed this book for the most part, although at the beginning there were a couple of times I was confused.  I also was a little surprised by the behavior of a couple of different people--I thought it was a little unbelievable.  However, in the main, it was an entertaining read, and the plot was interesting.  Looking forward to reading other books in the series.

This book is part of my Vintage Mystery BINGO Challenge--Silver--I--Having to do with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment