Friday, May 29, 2015

The Death of Amelia Marsh by MaryJo Dawson review

I've had this book in my TBR pile since August, 2013, getting it when it was free or cheap for my kindle.  I don't know why I didn't read it earlier, perhaps because the cover just didn't grab me when I was looking for something to read.

This was the first in a series, with some of the problems the first book usually has.  It seemed to move a little slowly for my taste, with a lot of detail about Sally's everyday life and what she did.  I really don't need to know so much about her day.  But, aside from that, the book seemed to be pretty good.

Sally is invited over to an elderly neighbor's home, and when she gets there, the neighbor is dead.  Amelia Marsh has died from a blow to her head, and Sally discovers that no one really knows very much about the elderly widow.  While trying to find out more about Amelia, Sally is drawn into a search for her killer.

I would have to say this was a little better than an "okay" book, and maybe the later books in the series will be better.  I don't think I'm going to make any effort to find out.

This is part of my Mount TBR reading challenge, the 9th out of 48 books I've committed to reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment