Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis review

I've had this book, and the others in the Narnia series, on my "to be read" list for many years, even buying them all about 7 or 8 years ago.  I saw the movie, which I enjoyed.  I even started reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", but I stopped at about chapter 3 or 4 for some reason, and later started the Magician's Nephew.  These two books just didn't really grab my attention, and I set them down after a couple of chapters, and never got back to reading either of them until now.

When I joined a challenge to start reading the books in my "to be read" pile, I started with several mysteries I had been meaning to read and finished them, but for the last few weeks I've been thinking of the Narnia books.  So a few days ago I started TLTWANTW again.  And finished it.

Basically, for those who haven't read it or seen the movie, four children find an opening into another world through an antique wardrobe in an old house they are living in.  While in the other world they  discover good comes in many guises, as does evil.  They suffer, both physically and mentally, and recover.

I enjoyed reading this, and wish I had read it when I was much younger.  Now on to another in the series.  It will probably be the Magician's Nephew, with the hope that this time I finish it.



This fulfills a requirement in the Mt. TBR Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment