Friday, August 1, 2014

No More Dying Then by Ruth Rendell review

Having just discovered Ruth Rendell, I've read several of her books in quick succession.  This is the second I've read.  It was published in 1972.

This one features Chief Inspector Wexford of the CID.  A young boy is kidnapped, and he and his second in command, Mike Burton, investigate his disappearance.  His disappearance is the second kidnapping in eight months, and in both cases there are few leads to follow.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, although at times it seemed a little hard to follow along with Wexford's thought processes.  Perhaps if I was more familiar with the main characters it would have been easier.  I was quite surprised by several of the happenings in this story, especially the changes that occur in one of the characters.

I found myself very much drawn into this book, the characters seemed different but believable, and the conclusion was not what I was expecting.   I will be looking for more of Ruth Rendell's books.

This is part of my 2014 Vintage Mystery BINGO--Silver--S--Crime other than murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment