Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review of two Diana Xarissa mysteries: 1)Aunt Bessie Assumes and 2) Aunt Bessie Believes

I had never heard of this author, but the books were either free or very cheap, so I thought I'd give them a try.  The stories take place on the Isle of Man, and they feature an older woman who stumbles over a body in Miss Bessie Assumes, and gets involved in the life of the family of the victim. She then becomes involved in trying to help the police solve the crime.

In Aunt Bessie Believes, a fellow classmate in a Manx language learning class ends up dead.  Her classmates originally think it is natural causes, as the victim, Moirrey, has complained quite often of a serious heart condition. Then the police suspect that Moirrey was murdered.

Although she and her friends didn't care for the victim, who was rude and hard to get along with, when they find out she may have been murdered, they believe they can help find the killer.

I enjoyed these stories, and found Aunt Bessie to be an interesting character.  I also liked learning about the Isle of Man, of which I knew almost nothing.

If there are additional books, I will make an effort to read them.



No comments:

Post a Comment