Sunday, August 3, 2014

State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy

I've read books by Julie Hyzy before, but not from this series.  I enjoyed her Manor House Mysteries featuring Grace Wheaton, so was looking forward to reading this new series.

This is the first in the White House Chef Mysteries, and introduces Assistant Chef Olivia Paras.  She inadvertently stops a man running from the Secret Service, and gets involved in the mystery concerning him.

She has a boyfriend, Tom, who is in the Secret Service, and he wants her to stay away from the mystery, but her curiosity pulls her into it in spite of her good intentions.  She puts herself, and her job, in jeopardy, by trying to help.

I enjoyed this quite a bit, it seemed more thrilling than most of the usual culinary mysteries that I've read.  I'll be reading more.

This is part of my Read Around the USA challenge--District of Columbia


No comments:

Post a Comment