Saturday, August 2, 2014

Some Lie and Some Die by Ruth Rendell review

This is the third book by Ruth Rendell that I've read in just a few weeks.  This is one of her Chief Inspector Wexford mysteries.  It was published in 1973, and features the happenings of that time in England.  It revolves around a Rock Festival taking place on an English estates grounds, with the police providing security.

Everything was going well enough, and it shows the different views of the older people of the time--some, like Wexford, remember their own youth and see the festival as basically harmless fun--others see the young people as drug-fueled sex fiends.  She also presents the younger people in different ways that seem somewhat believable, but just a smidge more than you would really expect of someone.  But then again, I never hung out with rock stars in the seventies, so I might be missing something.

Wexford is really beginning to grow on me, and I'm going to look for more of Rendell's books featuring him.

This is part of my 2014 Vintage Mystery BINGO Challenge--Silver--E--Detective Team

No comments:

Post a Comment