Friday, October 9, 2015

Antiques Slay Ride by Barbara Allen review

This book was published in 2013, and is apparently a "filler" story between longer novels in the series.  I haven't read any of the others, so perhaps the longer books would have appealed to me more than this one did.

I can't say I really disliked this book, but I didn't really like it, either.  There were some amusing parts, including the banter between the main characters, mother and daughter.

One of the things that threw me off was the characters knowing they were in a book, and referring to it during the story.  This seemed to make it harder to really get into the story line.

I might try one of the longer books if I run across them, but I'm not going to make an effort to look them up.

This is part of my 2015 Mt. TBR reading challenge, #21 of 48 (bought Nov 2014, read Apr. 15, 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment