Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Cat Next Door by Marian Babson review

One of Marian Babson's cat mysteries, this book was published in 2003.  I've read several other of her books, and while the cat mysteries are enjoyable, I really prefer the Trixie and Evangeline books I've read.

In this story, Margot returns to England after having been in America for 18 months, and finds her cousin,Chloe, about to be tried for Claudia's murder, Chloe's twin sister.  While a cat is featured on the cover, the cat isn't a major character.

There is a lot of family introduced in the story, and it isn't as good as the other books I've read by Babson, although it certainly isn't horrible. It moves a little slowly and the characters aren't very sympathetic, but is okay for a light read.

This is #23 of 48 in my 2015 Mt. TBR reading challenge.  Bought Oct 15, 2014--read Mar. 6, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment