Sunday, October 4, 2015

Murder at Monticello by Rita Mae Brown review

This is the third in the Mrs. Murphy series, published in 1994.

I've read a couple of other books in the series as I've come across them, and generally enjoyed them some.  The main human character is Mary Minor Haristeen, known to everyone as Harry.  She has a cat, Mrs. Murphy, and a corgi named Tee Tucker.  While they don't actually talk to people, their thoughts are featured throughout the story.

In this book, Harry and her friend Miranda are visiting Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, a local attraction.  While there, a body is discovered.  It appears the man was murdered around 1803, and who he is and who killed him and buried the body becomes a main part of the story.  Of course, recent events also contribute another mystery to be solved.

This wasn't a bad book, just not one of my favorites. If I run across other books, I'll probably read them, but I'm not going to make any effort to find them.

This is number 20 of 48 in my 2015 Mt. TBR reading challenge.  Bought 2014, read June 10, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment