Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gator Bait by Jana DeLeon review

Way behind on getting my reviews written, but I have been reading a lot!!  I'm going to make an effort to catch up on at least my Mt. TBR challenge book reviews in the next week or two.  I'm going to have to write approximately 30 just for the summer reading I've done!  So I'm going to start right now!

This is the fifth in the Miss Fortune series, and is as enjoyable as the first 4 were.  I haven't found any of the books by Jana Deleon to be anything less than a wonderful experience so far.

Fortune Redding, while pretending to be a librarian sorting through her late aunt's house, is in reality a CIA assassin, who is hiding in Sinful, Louisiana to avoid a gun runner who has put a price on her head.  Fortune  finally goes out on a first date with Deputy Carter LeBlanc, but shortly thereafter he becomes a missing person, and it is discovered someone someone had shot him and left him for dead in the bayou.

With the assistance of Ida Bell and Gerty, longtime residents and friends of her late "aunt", who are also much more than they seem, Fortune decides to hunt down the people responsible for Carter's  injury, while maintaining her cover.

Once I started, I couldn't seem to find a place to stop, so read the book in one sitting. I usually read for an hour or so before I go to sleep, so this meant I stayed up quite late to finish it.  As in the other books in this series, I found myself laughing out loud in several places.  Somehow, I managed to resist the urge to wake my husband to read a few  really funny parts out loud to him (well, after the first time, anyhow).

Bought this book Dec 12, 2014, finished  May 2, 2015.  Number 18 in my 2015 Mt. TBR challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment