Sunday, October 11, 2015

Black Widower by Patricia Moyes review

This is the thirteenth book in the Henry Tibbetts mystery series, published in 1975.  This is only the second book in the series that I have read, the first being Falling Star, which was one of the earlier books.

Sir Edward Ironmonger is the Tampican ambassador to the United States.  He and his wife, Mavis, are throwing a party at the embassy for the diplomatic corps in Washington, D.C.  Mavis is not considered an asset to Sir Edward, because although she is beautiful and her husband is devoted to her, she drinks too much,  and isn't very bright.

After Mavis insults one of the visiting dignitaries, she is hustled off to her room.  A few hours later, she is discovered dead.  Chief Inspector Henry Tibbetts of Scotland Yard is called in to solve the murder.

This book had a lot of plot twists and turns, and was an enjoyable read.  However, I didn't like it as much as Falling Star, I'm not sure why.

This is part of my 2015 Mt. TBR reading challenge, #25 of 48.  Bought 2014, finished June 3, 2015.





I'm trying to catch up on all of my book reviews, but I'm so far behind I don't know how long it is going to take!  Over the last few days I've written around eight reviews for my reading challenge, and another three that aren't part of the challenge, and I've got at least 15 other books I've read for the challenge, and at least 30 that wouldn't count for the challenge.  And I'm still reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment