Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2014 Challenges I've joined--What was I thinking?

For 2014 I've signed up for even more challenges than I did in 2013.  I don't know what I was thinking, except all of the challenges really seemed to be calling my name!

The challenges I've joined for 2014 are:



The 2014 Mt. TBR Reading Challenge--because I managed to read at least 24 books in my TBR pile during 2013.  Unfortunately, I've think I've added more than 24 books to my TBR pile in the last 12 months.


The Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge --because a lot of the books in my TBR pile are Cozies, and I plan on reading them anyway, so this should be an easy one to complete.  I'm know I can do the first level easily, and probably even the second and third.  So I'm signing up for the first, and we'll see what happens.


The Read it again, Sam Reading Challenge 2014--because I have several books in my TBR pile that are part of a series, and I like to read the books in order, so when I come to the ones I've already read, I'll use them to complete this challenge.  And I have a tendency to reread my favorite authors quite a bit (yes, even the mysteries).





The Color Coded Reading Challenge 2014 ---because I have several books in my TBR pile that have colors in the titles, so I might as well, right?









 The Vintage Mystery BINGO 2014 Challenge--I'm going to do both the Silver and Golden challenge.  The Golden Challenge is for mysteries published before 1960, and the Silver Challenge is for mysteries published between 1960 and 1989, inclusive.  And I have so many vintage mysteries in my TBR pile!  The challenge will be to find books to fill the categories to make a BINGO! 



The Read Around the USA Reading Challenge--this one is nice because it has no deadlines, so I can take as long as I want to finish it.  This is found in the Cozy Mystery group on Goodreads.com.  When you read a book, you mark off the state in which the action takes place.  Since Dec. 1, 2013, I've already read mysteries that take place in five different states.  If I can read enough mysteries that are taking place in five different states each month, I should be done within a year.  I suspect it won't be that easy!  Well, it's a goal, anyhow. <smile>

No comments:

Post a Comment