Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Bishop Murder Case by S.S. Van Dine review

The Bishop Murder Case is the fourth in the series featuring Philo Vance, an amateur sleuth who helps solve crimes for John F.-X Markham, New York County District Attorney.  Vance is portrayed as a foppish, overly intellectual, snob, who, with his vast knowledge and superior intelligence, manages to solve crimes that the District Attorney is unable to even attempt to solve without Vance's assistance.

I finished the book, but skimmed over several paragraphs while Vance was pontificating.  I didn't really care for this book, I found Vance to be irritating.  The mystery itself was only so-so, and I don't think I will read anymore of these stories unless I'm desperate.



This fulfills one of the requirements for the A to Z Reading Challenge    Author--V
It is also one of my books for the Mt. TBR Reading Challenge 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment