Monday, January 20, 2014

The Azalea Assault by Alyse Carlson review

This is the first in a new series, featuring Cam Harris.  She has been hired to do PR work for the Roanoke Garden Society.  While helping out with a photo shoot that would feature the Garden Society in a high prestige magazine, she becomes involved in a murder investigation.

I found this to be fairly well written for a first novel, and found it to be an enjoyable read.  Having said that, I felt there is room for improvement.  I felt that there were too many new characters added all at once and I also found the main character, Cam, to have a personality I found a little annoying.  I also didn't think that the drinking and driving was necessary to the story, and it happened more than once. 

I enjoyed this cozy, and I will probably read other books in the series, and hope that the few flaws are worked out in future books.



finished 1/19/2014
This counts towards my 2014 Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Challenge.
This also qualifies for the 2014 Color Coded Challenge--#8 A book with any other color in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment