Friday, January 10, 2014

A Fatal Grace (also published as Dead Cold) by Louise Penny review

The second in the Inspector Gamache series, published in 2007, when once again the Inspector and his group are called into Three Pines to solve a murder.  The victim in this case is CC de Poitiers, and the suspects are many.  CC de Poitiers is not a nice person, and is disliked by everyone that knows her, from her husband and daughter, to her lover, and to all the neighbors in Three Pines.

The means of death is unusual, and who ever thought of it was going to be difficult to catch.  But this does not deter the investigators, and they start to unravel the many secrets that surround the victim and others in the village.  Very well-written book, with an interesting plot, and wonderful characters!

I enjoyed the first book in the series and immediately grabbed this one.  I was not disappointed.  After I finished this, I read the third in the series, and will eventually read them all.

Even though I am in the middle of several reading challenges (including trying to lessen my pile of books to be read) I bought and read this one because the first in the series was so wonderful.  I also bought the next one in the series and read it, but am not going to buy any more for a little while until I can get some of my already purchased books finished!  I have so many books on my list to be read!!




No comments:

Post a Comment